Who Are The Friends of Heritage Public Library?
The Friends of Heritage Public Library (FOHPL) is a volunteer group of community members who support the Library through advocacy, fundraising, and service. FOHPL is organized as a non-profit volunteer 501(c)(3) tax deductible organization.
What Do The Friends Do?
Friends of Heritage Public Library…
- Assist the Heritage Public Library to be an active and dynamic cultural, educational and recreational force in the community.
- Focus public attention on and create interest in library resources and activities.
- Educate citizens and county officials on the need for legislation and funding that fosters growth and the ability to provide more comprehensive services.
- Serve as a link between the library and the communities it serves.
- Encourage and promote the donation of gifts, financial and otherwise.
- Provide direct financial assistance through fundraising activities, thus enabling the Library to offer more services, programs, or materials.
- Provide knowledgeable and willing volunteers for library activities.
To become a Friend: Visit the library, call 804-966-2480, or mail in your application.