Phase 3 Reopening Guide
Heritage Public Library begins Phase 3 operations July 1st! We continue to take careful, considered steps towards a return to full service. In this Phase, please note the following steps we are taking and be ready for your visit.
- Beginning July 1, our schedule will be: Charles City – Monday through Friday 10am-3pm; New Kent – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10am – 3pm & Tuesday 2pm-7pm. The library will be open to the public during our curbside service hours. Optional curbside materials pickup will continue through the end of August.
- The library will be open for checking out materials and public computer use.
- Most programs will continue to be virtual in July. Please visit our calendar for updates to programs.
- No more than 30 people, including staff, will be allowed in the Library at any one time. We ask that our patrons use their time efficiently so that we can serve as many other patrons as possible.
- Public computer sessions will be limited to 1 hour per visit per person.
- Optional self-checkout stations will be available.
- Meeting and study rooms will be unavailable until further notice.
As a precaution:
- Please avoid coming in to the library if you are feeling ill or have been with persons who are ill. You can assess your symptoms with VDH’s Symptom Checker.
- Patrons are expected to observe the same six feet of social distancing measures as are observed in other public places.
- Library visitors are asked to wear masks when in the library in accordance with current local policy and guidelines issued by the United States Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Library staff will be masked and gloved.
- Library books will continue to be quarantined for 72 hours. Please return all books and other Library materials to the book drop or the drop off bin at your branch.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and we encourage anyone entering the buildings to use this before browsing books or using the computers.
- Frequently used surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Keyboards and mice will be covered to make frequent cleaning easier.
- Toys, games, writing implements, and some public seating will be removed to assist with social distancing and sanitation.
- We are not accepting book donations until further notice.
The Summer Reading Program has begun! Don’t forget to pick up the reading log at your library!