Online Free Homework Help for English, Math, Science and SAT prep with certified teachers during the school year. Mondays – Fridays 3pm-9pm & Saturdays 9am – 3pm
Need Homework Help? Search DK Eyewitness Titles.
Discover Periodicals & Reference Book Content supporting High School Student Research.
A one-stop source for news, magazine, & periodical articles. Articles are available PDF and HTML full-text and have Source Citations.
Free individual homework assistance is available on an individual basis as needed. If interested, contact either location of the library.
Before reserving a room…
- Please read our Meeting Room Policy first.
- Contact your library to check on room availability. If the main meeting room is not available or if you need a smaller space, ask about our small study room or other quiet areas.
- Come to library location to obtain and complete room use application.
- Tables, chairs, projector, and screen are available for use.
Meeting Room Policy
a. The following groups are eligible to use HPL’s meeting room for meetings and educational purposes;
1) Groups under the sponsorship or direction of HPL or its Friends group.
2) Non-profit, civic or charitable, tax exempt organizations serving Charles City or New Kent counties.
3) Responsible individuals or organizations within the counties not charging an admission fee.
4) For-profit enterprises that will use the facilities no more than four times per year and will pay $100.00 for each use. If library staff time is required, additional fees may apply.
b. Any organization, group, individual, or enterprise desiring to use the meeting room must complete the appropriate application forms. Applications will be approved, modified, or disapproved by the Library Director.
c. Application for use of the meeting room must be submitted at least fourteen (14) days prior to the planned activity. The Library Director will grant use of the meeting room in the order in which the applications are received, so long as it does not interfere with already scheduled programs or meetings. Meeting room use is restricted to regular library hours, unless it is for a library-sponsored or Friends-sponsored event. For groups listed under (a.1) there shall be no written application nor limit on the frequency of reservations.
d. Every applicant who receives permission to use the building shall, during the time of such use, be responsible for the preservation of law and order on the property and be responsible for damage to the building and its contents while using same. Any individual or organization who abuses the property or fails to comply with all rules and regulations will not only be financially responsible for any damage, but also may be denied further use of the facility. Children must be under the supervision of a responsible adult at all times.
e. Smoking, the burning of candles, having an open flame, or the consumption of alcoholic beverages are all forbidden.
f. The use of decorations is not permitted unless approved by the Library Director.
g. Animals or pets are not permitted in the building unless approved by the Library Director.
h. All events (including clean-up) must end fifteen minutes before the library closes.
i. Room set-up, take-down, and clean up are the responsibility of the organization using the room.
j. The Community Bulletin Board, located in the entrance way, may be used by patrons to publicize coming events available in our area that may be of interest to our patrons. Anyone wishing to post a notice must first get permission from the staff person at the front desk. Notices must be dated and any item that has been posted for more than two weeks may be removed at the Director’s discretion. If an item advertises an event, it may not be posted any earlier than two weeks prior to the event.